Friday, March 12, 2010

Faith . . .

I'm going to try something a little different . . . you see when I study the word I write all my thoughts down.  Whether I go back to these thoughts varies at times . . . since the reason I do this is to help me learn what I am reading.  The Lord has challenged me to share some of my thoughts with you . . . hopefully its not to confusing!!!!

Faith - ". . . is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

By faith we believe in God - we believe He sent His Son - we believe His Son died - we believe His Son descended to hell to take back the keys - we believe His Son rose from the dead - we believe His Son ascended to heaven - we believe He has left His Holy Spirit to continue His work here on earth - we believe that He is our Saviour - we believe when we ask He will forgive our sins - we believe we can ask Him into our hearts - we believe He has given us eternal life - all of this we believe - we do this in faith.

By grace we have been saved through faith - this is a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8) . . . By faith we believe we receive His blessings . . . We believe we will see His blessings, His promises and someday His face . . . faith . . . the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

By faith in God man can be saved . . . "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."  Romans 10:9-10

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment