Monday, March 1, 2010

Who's House Is This?

While reading this morning I came across this verse in 1 Corinthians 3 . . .

"Do you not know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?  If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy and that is what you are."  1 Corinthians 3:16-17

This verse opened my eyes this morning . . . I triggered the thought of, "I need to take more care into what I put in my body."

The things we listen to, the things we watch and the stuff we eat . . . we need to ask ourselves, "Should we allow these things to live in the temple of God?"

Some may say this is a "Figure of Speach", I believe this needs to be taken seriously!!!!  I'll be honest with you though, I have a long way to go to changing the things I put into the temple of God.  I've come a long way but still have a ways to go!!!

I'm going to leave it at that . . . so that you can think about it as well.  So that you can ask yourself, "Who's house is this? Mine or God's . . . "  Hopefully it challenges is as it has challenged me this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment