Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our Protector . . .

I'd like to start off by saying how thankful we as a family are for God's promise of protection.  For the last few years we've clung to Psalm 91 and it's promises.  We have taken shelter under the wings of the Almighty and have been protected day in and day out.  What a blessing . . . to have God looking over us and taking care of us day by day.  We are truly blessed!!!!

One thing Laura and I have come to understand is the power of the blood of Jesus.  Before we as a family go to sleep at night it is important for us to thank God for His protection plus we plead the blood of Jesus over our home, car, school and Laura's job.  Most important, we plead the blood of Jesus over our family, asking God to provide His protection on our lives.

He is our protector . . . it is satan who comes to kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10)  On the day of Laura's accident she remembered everything quite clearly.  As a parent she is devoted to praying and asking for protection . . . except that morning

As I talk about protection you may agree with me on some points and you may disagree . . . that's not the point of why i'm writing!!!!  I want this to be thought provoking . . . to help us understand His promise of protection.  I don't have all the answers and maybe my opinions are not always right, but I am doing the same thing . . . trying to provoke thought on the subject. 

So here's my opinion on something . . . do I believe it was the Lord's desire and will for Laura and my mother to be in that accident?  I don't believe so . . . I believe the enemy had is hand in it, yet I believe the Lord protected them and then healed them of their injuries.  Would the outcome have been different if they had prayed over their trip before they left?  I'm not sure . . . all I know is that God was true to His promise, He protected my wife and mother, His faithful servants.

The god of this world is busy a work . . . killing, stealing and destroying all that lies in his path.  We have the protection of our God, we are covered by the wings of the Almighty.  He is my protector . . . He is my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment